- Franklin D. Roosevelt
For a donation of $1,000, you can sponsor a family to participate in Baby University and help us achieve our mission.
You can donate with PayPal, or you can print, complete, and mail this form, which is an Acrobat PDF file: BabyU Adopt a Family Form.
Baby University serves an area of South Toledo where nearly 50 percent of the residents live below the poverty line, and over 60 percent of the children start Kindergarten behind other students in learning development.
Baby University wants to end generational poverty by helping families prepare their children for school.
When you sponsor a Baby University family, you are connecting an underprivileged family to much needed resources including:
- Food assistance
- HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) and PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) utility assistance
- Mental health and health care services
- Job assistance
- GED classes
- Legal aide
- Assistance finding safe housing
- Home visits with a Community Health Worker
- Connection with Churches and Organizations in the community that can provided additional support
- Clothing assistance
- Diapers and Baby Supplies
- Parenting classes
- Instruction in best parenting practices
Every Saturday morning for 10 weeks, Baby University attendees enjoy:
- Breakfast and lunch
- Expert advice for many issues including: discipline, stress management, home safety, and health
- Support and advice from Moms and Dads "who've been there"
- Safe and fun childcare for their children, during class times
- Group discussions where attendees share their expertise
- Discovering their potential and worth as a parents
- Learning how to strengthen their parent-child bond